BeatStress.UK: Useful Services
Suicidal or in crisis?
Samaritans 116 123
Other useful services
- Wheel of Wellbeing from the South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust
- Relate 0300 100 1234 (also help with sex/porn addiction)
Drink and Drugs
- Addaction 020 7251 5860
- Alcoholics Anonymous 0845 769 7555
- Adfam - if a mate/family member has drink problems
- UK Narcotics Anonymous 0300 999 12 12
- NHS: www.nhs.uk/livewell/drugs/pages/drugshome.aspx
- Gamcare (Gambling) 0808 8020 133
- Gamblers Anonymous
- NHS sex and love addiction: www.nhs.uk/Livewell/addiction/Pages/sexandloveaddiction.aspx
- Sex & Love Addicts Anonymous 07984 977 884
- Lesbian and Gay Foundation 0845 330 3030
Exercise for depression
- NHS: www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Anger-management/Pages/Self-help.aspx
- British Association of Anger Management
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Counselling Directory 0844 8030 240
- Calm (service specifically for men) 0800 58 58 58
- Mind 0300 123 3393
- Rethink (for people with severe mental illness) 0300 5000 927
- Saneline (for anyone affected by mental illness, including family, friends and carers) 0845 767 8000
- UK ADHD partnership
- Mencap (the voice of learning disability)
- National Autistic Society
It’s tough for men to ask for help but if you don’t ask when you need it, things generally only get worse. Especially during a major pandemic like Covid-19. So we’re asking.
Men appear more likely to get Covid-19 and far, far more likely to die from it. The Men's Health Forum are working hard pushing for more action on this from government, from health professionals and from all of us. Why are men more affected and what can we do about it? We need the data. We need the research. We need the action. Currently we're the only UK charity doing this - please help us.
Here’s our fund-raising page - please chip in if you can.