The Men's Health manual by Jim Pollard of the Men's Health Forum is now available.
Published by Haynes, 25p from every sale will be donated to the Forum.
The hardback manual in the new Haynes Concise range offers realistic, robust and easy-to-follow advice for men across all the key components of men’s health.
- How to look after your head, your heart, your body and your tackle
- How to be more active, eat well and add healthy years to your life
- How to recognise a problem and when to go and see someone
- The first men’s health book to be built around mental health
- 25p from each copy goes to the Men’s Health Forum charity
Jim Pollard said:
'The spread of Coronavirus has really shone a spotlight on the importance of keeping healthy now more than ever before – not least as prevention is often better than cure.
This book is for all men who are interested in their health and well-being, and all men who are not. It’s a positive, easy-to-read, non-medical introduction to health that focuses on boosting men’s physical and mental wellbeing – no matter your age.'
Forum patron Professor Alan White said:
This is a really timely publication. It’s vitally important that men can make informed decisions about their health and wellbeing, particularly at a time when people may feel less able to go to the doctor’s or hospital.
The Men’s Health Manual provides clear, digestible information and a host of helpful pointers for men of all ages on all the key health issues including those we find hard to discuss or address. What’s more, it’s easy and enjoyable to read.