What has the Men's Health Forum done?
In the last year:
- More than a million people a year came to us for men’s health information
- Over 3,000 men a year used our Man MOT service for advice
- Over 750 organisations partnered with us on Men’s Health Week in 2015
- At least two local authorities recommissioned their weight-loss services to work better with men
- We successfully persuaded the NHS that the National Diabetes Prevention Programme should target men in their national plan
- We worked with Somerset County Council to put in place a men’s health action plan to improve men’s mental health in their area
- We trained hundreds of men and health professionals in how to improve men’s health
For more detail, read the Annual Report 2015.
- We’ve changed men’s health from being about genito-urinary problems to looking at all aspects of men’s mental and physical well-being
- We helped win AAA screening for men at 65 - preventing around 2,000 premature deaths a year
- We have distributed more than 1,000,000 Man Manuals to men