The MHF is committed to fully participating in NHS England’s Information Standard Scheme for health and social care information. We intend to comply with all aspects and requirements of the Scheme Standard.
A list of sources for the Fit for Farming manual follow:
Suicide (page 5):
• University of Oxford, Centre for Suicide Research, Suicide in High Risk Occupational Groups – Farmers
Accidents (pages 6-7):
• Section written by David Coackley, HM Principal Inspector of Health & Safety Agriculture based on HSE publication Farmwise
Osteoarthritis (page 17):
• WHO, chronic rheumatic conditions
• page 21, cases of bowel cancer in 2010:
cruk.org/cancerstats - April 2013 Bowel Cancer (http://publications.cancerresearchuk.org/downloads/product/CS_KF_BOWEL.pdf)
• page 21, numbers of men and women who get bowel cancer:
Organophosphates (OPs) (page 26):
• Critical Reviews in Toxicology December 2011
Asbestos (page 27):
See Mini Man 2nd edition for additional references.