The MHF is committed to fully participating in NHS England’s Information Standard Scheme for health and social care information. We intend to comply with all aspects and requirements of the Scheme Standard.
A list of sources for the Health Clicks mini-manual follows:
Effect of laptops on sperm (page 2): Several sources including ‘Protection from scrotal hyperthermia in laptop computer users’ - Yefim Sheynkin, Robert Welliver, Andrew Winer, Farshid Hajimirzaee, et al. (Fertility and Sterility; 8 November 2010)
Internet user at 103 (page 4): Daily Mail – Meet The iGran (20/12/10) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1338772/Facebook-grandmother-Lillian-Lowe-103-worlds-oldest-member-iPad.html - viewed 7/03/11
Effect of smoking on erections (page 11):
- Millett C, Wen LM, Rissel C, et al. Smoking and erectile dysfunction: findings from a representative sample of Australian men. Tobacco Control 2006; 15: 136–139. doi: 10.1136/tc.2005.015545Gades NM, Nehra A, Jacobson DJ et al. Association between smoking and erectile dysfunction: a population-based study. Am J Epidemiol. 2005; 161: 346-351.
- Selvin E, Burnett AL, Platz EA. Prevalence and risk factors for erectile dysfunction in the US. The American Journal of Medicine 2007; 120: 151-157.
- Tengs TO & Osgood ND. The link between smoking and impotence: two decades of evidence. Preventive Medicine 2001; 32(6): 447-452
- Erectile dysfunction: a clinical guide By Roger S. Kirby, Culley C. Carson, Irwin Goldstein (Isis 1999)
Internet drugs factory (page 14): Inside the internet drugs factory – malehealth.co.uk
http://www.malehealth.co.uk/drugs-and-medicines/19359-inside-internet-drugs-factory (Page created on February 7th, 2008)
Counterfeit drugs (page 14-15): Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency website > Counterfeit medicines and devices - http://www.mhra.gov.uk/Safetyinformation/Generalsafetyinformationandadvice/
Adviceandinformationforconsumers/Counterfeitmedicinesanddevices/index.htm (viewed 13 January 2011)
Penis size (page 17): http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/menshealth/facts/penissize.htm (viewed 1 March 2011)
Prostate cancer statistics (page 18): The Prostate Cancer Charity website > Living With Prostate Cancer (viewed 13 January 2011)
Depression (page 21):
- Office for National Statistics (ONS, previously Office for Population and Census) 2000, Psychiatric morbidity among adults living in private households in Great Britain.
- WHO website > Mental Health > Depression (viewed 13 Janury 2011)
- ONS - Suicide rates in the United Kingdom, 1991–2008 (Oct 2010)
Skin cancer statistics (page 23): http://info.cancerresearchuk.org/cancerstats/types/skin/mortality - viewed 3/3/11