The MHF is committed to fully participating in NHS England’s Information Standard Scheme for health and social care information. We intend to comply with all aspects and requirements of the Scheme Standard.
A list of sources for Your Good Health Guide manual (2016) follows:
The core material for this manual which is aimed at both men and women is taken from The Man Manual and Woman and these publications' references can be found by following the links. The following references are for the additional material:
Know Your Numbers (page 5)
- Blood pressure (NHS): https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Blood-pressure-(high)/Pages/Introduction.aspx
- Pulse (NHS): https://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/2024.aspx?CategoryID=52
- Cholesterol (NHS): https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/high-cholesterol/
- Time for a smoke - BMJ. 2000 Jan 1; 320(7226): 53: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1117323/
Additional material on fats (page 7)
- NHS https://www.nhs.uk/start4life/choosing-first-foods
Digital Detox (page 16)
- Blue light and sleep - Scientific American: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/q-a-why-is-blue-light-before-bedtime-bad-for-sleep/
Menopause (page 24)
I'm worried about a colleague (page 30)
- Based on our content on stress warning signs
Domestic Abuse (page 30)
A word about shift work (page 33)
These references were correct at November 2017.
All photos unless stated by National Grid and David McCairley.
- Page 8: Vegetable chilli with cornbread by Len Rizzi (public domain)
- Page 26: Car Photos by Jim Larrison (CC BY 2.0)
- Page 31: Relaxing in the park by chinesechef (CC BY 2.0)
Cartoons by John Byrne.
The credits were correct as at November 2017.