How to engage effectively with men to improve their health
Men are often considered 'hard to reach' when it comes to health. Not any more. Based on the latest research and best practice, the Men's Health Forum's one day workshop pulls the learning together into a practical, accessible package that will enable anyone working in men's health to reach more men, interest more men and improve the health of more men.
What is it?
- A one day training workshop delivered by experienced Men's Health Forum associate trainers.
What does it offer?
- The latest insight and information around the issues affecting men’s health and wellbeing and working with men and boys.
Who is the course for?
- Local areas, commissioners and providers and anyone who wants to empower men to engage with their health
What are the outcomes?
- Have a better understanding of the issues that both impact and affect the health of men and boys
- Understand how language and attitudes around men and boys may affect their health choices and therefore health outcomes.
- Reflect on how health and social care work aimed at men and boys engages with them [systemic barriers].
- Explore ‘best practice’ and new thinking around Public Health engagement with men and boys.
- Explore the choices, concerns and behaviours that men and boys exhibit around their own health.
- Explore and action plan how to take this learning back to services.
- Identify how the Men’s Health Forum can provide support.
What do commissioners say about the course?
I was impressed by the group and the professionalism the trainers showed to adapting to the group. Great to be a part of it.
What do participants say about the course?
Course facilitation was flaw less and greatly delivered. I will go back and recommend this course for volunteers through to practitioners. Highly enjoyable and great to participate in
Really enjoyed the course with clear information which was delivered in a clear open way
It is very good training to take back and use in our daily practice
Excellent very informative. I hope to deliver all that I have learnt today to my health trainers. I hope my manager will be open to changing a few things starting with our leaflets!
For more information or to discuss how we can work with you to adapt and deliver the course to suit your needs, please give us a call on 020 7922 7908 or email email@example.com.