The one day CAN DO Challenge
The five ways to wellbeing are five things we can all do that are scientifically-proven to help us feel better.
For the one day CAN DO Challenge for International Men's Day 2021, we're calling on everyone to try to do ALL FIVE in a SINGLE DAY.
The five ways are:
- Connect - connect with other people (eg. call an old friend you haven't since before lockdown)
- (Be) Active - move your body (eg. go for a run/walk/swim/dance/etc)
- Notice - take notice of the environment around you (eg. turn off your phone for an hour)
- Discover - learn something new (eg. read a book you haven't read before)
- Offer (or give) - do something for someone else (eg. volunteer for a local community group)
International Men's Day 2021
For International Men's Day 2021, we are asking as many people as possible to try the one day CAN DO Challenge. Let us know what you're doing by telling us here and sharing on social media etc. Use the hashtags #candochallenge #internationalmensday
You CAN DO it by yourself. Or with friends.
Want to make the challenge more challenging?
- Can you find a single activity that ticks all 5 boxes? Taking a group of people on a historical walk, for example.
- Can you get five friends to do it too?
- Can you really make a day of it and do each activity for an hour?
- Not sure what to do? To get you thinking, here are 50 ideas from our men's health champions. There are dozens more ideas in Man MOT For The Mind.
- Keep checking back here - we'll be posting some of our favourite ideas.
- Tell us what you're doing.
It’s tough for men to ask for help but if you don’t ask when you need it, things generally only get worse. Especially during a major pandemic like Covid-19. So we’re asking.
Men appear more likely to get Covid-19 and far, far more likely to die from it. The Men's Health Forum are working hard pushing for more action on this from government, from health professionals and from all of us. Why are men more affected and what can we do about it? We need the data. We need the research. We need the action. Currently we're the only UK charity doing this - please help us.
Here’s our fund-raising page - please chip in if you can.