The CAN DO Challenge
The five ways to wellbeing are five things we can all do that are scientifically-proven to help us feel better.
The CAN DO Challenge invites you to do all FIVE of them.
The five ways are:
- Connect - connect with other people (eg. call an old friend or family member)
- (Be) Active - move your body (eg. go for a run/walk/swim/dance/etc)
- Notice - take notice of the environment around you (eg. turn off your phone for an hour and look around)
- Discover - learn something new (eg. read a book you haven't read before)
- Offer (or give) - do something for someone else (eg. volunteer for a local community group)
You CAN DO it by yourself. Or with friends.
Want to make the challenge more challenging?
- Can you do all five in one day
- Can you do a different way for each day of the week?
- Can you find a single activity that ticks all 5 boxes? Taking a group of people on a historical walk, for example.
- Can you get five friends to do it too?
- Can you really make a day of it and do each activity for an hour?
- Not sure what to do? To get you thinking, here are 50 ideas from our men's health champions. There are dozens more ideas in Man MOT For The Mind.
- Keep checking back here - we'll be posting some of our favourite ideas.
Boost our mental health. We CAN DO it
It’s tough for men to ask for help but if you don’t ask when you need it, things generally only get worse. Especially during a major pandemic like Covid-19. So we’re asking.
Men appear more likely to get Covid-19 and far, far more likely to die from it. The Men's Health Forum are working hard pushing for more action on this from government, from health professionals and from all of us. Why are men more affected and what can we do about it? We need the data. We need the research. We need the action. Currently we're the only UK charity doing this - please help us.
Here’s our fund-raising page - please chip in if you can.